Thursday, August 30, 2012

August Rewind

Another school year has begun! Good wishes to all the students, teachers, and parents of the Upper Valley.  I hope everyone has a safe, productive, enjoyable school year without too many SNOW DAYS! I know the students love snow days, but they really make the school year drag on, and who really wants to go to school into July, almost?

It seemed like the summer flew by.  Work and college courses meant that there wasn't a lot of time for vacation, but still, the Old Redneck and I did manage to hunt for Mascommah on the Connecticut River, and visit the ocean twice.  We are headed to Laconia, New Hampshire this weekend to spend some time with friends.

It was disappointing that more people didn't show up for the Fairlee Drive In fundraiser.  I thought there would be a huge crowd there.  I have always wanted to see the River City Rebels, and I finally did - and they lived up to their reputation - they were a great band. 

I hope the Hartford PD catches whoever it was that set the Butler Buses on fire. 

To end the month of Hartford, here is an image of an August calendar picture from a 1962 calendar put out by the National Safety Council, posted with the permission of the National Safety Council

No comments:

Post a Comment